Calico - modyfikacje i warianty

Nasze home-rules do różnych gier, a także PRZETESTOWANE i ciekawe home-rules znalezione w sieci.
Mr_Fisq
Administrator

Calico - modyfikacje i warianty

Post autor: Mr_Fisq »

Beskid pisze: 28 paź 2021, 10:18 Bardzo ciekawy przykład świeżej gry, która osiągnęła spory sukces rynkowy przy bardzo pozytywnych recenzjach.
Po trochę ponad roku z opinii zaczyna wystawać spory problem w mechanicznym trzonie rozgrywki, który kładzie się cieniem frustracji.
Dlaczego niewiele było o tym w recenzjach? Ale pamiętam, Ciuniek z Gradania podkreślał ten trochę karkołomny pomysł w projekcie gry i widać miał sporo racji.

Pytanie, czy da się ograniczyć ten problem by house rules zanim ta urocza gra wyleci z kolekcji na rzecz młodszej siostry Kaskadii?

Tu jest całkiem ciekawy wątek https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/251087 ... too-random
Calico is a really good game, but I was quite surprised that for a game quite deep in its layered scoring mechanisms the main way of getting tiles is so incredibly random that it in many ways becomes frustrating.

In Calico you have 2 tiles, you place 1 and then select a new one from the market of three, refreshing it. That's it.

Let's look at games much less deep that realized randomness can break the fun, so they do it better:

TICKET TO RIDE - Calico is deeper than Ticket to Ride in strategic options - yet even Ticket to Ride mitigates its randomness by having 5 cards available for picking and you can also push your luck by drawing a card blind from the deck. This is twice the amount of options while the variance of cards is much lower in Ticket to Ride.

SAGRADA - This game is very similar to Calico in the shoot the moon" aspect of scoring, but they also realized the imoact of randomness getting in the way. So in Sagrada you roll dice in the number of players plus 1 and then players draft TWO of those tiles each round. Everybody gets 1 clockwise and then another counterclockwise.

Thankfully both of those can technically be ported to Calico,

Dobry pomysł? Macie swoje sposoby?
Wariant z TICKET TO RIDE wydaje się ciekawy. Ja zastanawiałem się też nad powiększeniem ręki => np. rynek 3 kafli + w ciemno; ręka 3 kafle.
Potencjalne problemy:
- powiększanie ręki IMHO sprzyja hatedraft'owi (ale może zmniejszać jego "bolesność")
- zarówno powiększenie ręki, jak również powiększenie rynku zwiększają downtime => mamy większą przestrzeń decyzyjną
Sprzedam: Obniżki, nowości: Root, Lanzerath Ridge, Dawn of the Zeds, Etherfields
Przygarnę: Skirmishe grywalne solo, figurki do Stargrave/Frostgrave
Awatar użytkownika
japanczyk

Re: Calico - modyfikacje i warianty

Post autor: japanczyk »

My gramy z kilkoma dodatkowymi zasadami (nie zawsze ze wszystkimi)
1. Jest mozliwosc push your luck i draftu z worka
2. Czasem gramy z 4 kafelkami jak chcemy sobie na luzie pograc
2a. Poswiecajac guziczek można wymienic wszystkie kafelki z wystawki
2b. Poswiecajac guziczek można dobrac wybrany kafelek
Awatar użytkownika
anitroche
Kontakt:

Post autor: anitroche »

japanczyk pisze: 28 paź 2021, 11:04 My gramy z kilkoma dodatkowymi zasadami (nie zawsze ze wszystkimi)
1. Jest mozliwosc push your luck i draftu z worka
2. Czasem gramy z 4 kafelkami jak chcemy sobie na luzie pograc
2a. Poswiecajac guziczek można wymienic wszystkie kafelki z wystawki
2b. Poswiecajac guziczek można dobrac wybrany kafelek
Jak gram z mężem, też stosujemy czasem taki sam homerule, jak w twoich podpunktach 2a i 2b, przy czym każdy możne poświęcić tylko jeden guzik na wymianę wystawki i jeden na dobranie idealnego kafelka w ciągu całej gry. Troszkę to nam zaburzyło samą końcówkę gry, bo z wymianą guzika na idealny kafelek czekamy zawsze do jednej z ostatnich rund, ale za to każde z nas to może zrobić, więc gdzieś tam się chyba nawet to równoważy.
"Cześć, mam na imię Ania i dzisiaj pokażę wam jak wygląda rozgrywka w wariancie solo w..."

Zapraszam na mój kanał z pełnymi rozgrywkami solo: Gram Solo na YouTube
Awatar użytkownika
Beskid

Post autor: Beskid »

here are two things that can be done to reduce the randomness in the game and give more agency to the decisions you can do:

1. Implement a variant that changes the draw tile mechanism: on your turn you draw 2 tiles from the bag to the selection pool, and then discard 1 (any 1) from the selection pool. This does not reduce much randomness, but it still reduces it somewhat.

2. Allow players to "pass" and not place a tile at all on their turn. Players continue playing until all players but 1 have finished their game boards (and then that 1 player gets their last turn). If all players pass in order, then all tiles from selection pool are discarded and replaced with new tiles.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/271451 ... ince-world

Turn the objective tiles over and just worry about cats and colors. The game is still enjoyable but you eliminate one of the factors to consider. Then, as suggested above, your first tile should be placed either next to one of the same color, or the same pattern, or ideally both! That gives you, with one tile placed, 2/3 of what you need to attract a cat or collect a button.

I also try to figure out which of the "bigger" cat patterns I am going for. For example, with Gwen, you need 7 of the same pattern, and there are going to be two choices. Pick one and ignore the other, you won't have time to finish both anyway. Start Gwen early because it may take a while for seven of the same pattern to appear. Again, don't forget the edges. With five actual patches you should be able to connect two of the pre-existing patterns as a shortcut, rather than getting seven actual matching patterns.

But I think the best suggestion is to not use the objective tiles at first, as it reduces the amount of brain burn you go through trying to select and place patches.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/250986 ... and-tricks
ODPOWIEDZ